Want to know the perfect way to stretch a $6.00 salmon filet for 12? This addictive recipe will have people sneaking back for seconds in no time. Its the perfect party appetizers and mini meal bites for any occasion from Football Sunday to your best friends baby shower. Don’t believe me? Ask my empty plate what happened!
This guilt free snack is so well rounded it doesn’t hurt to have two or three. Plus it’s something new and presentable that everyone will be asking “how’d you do it?” so this is what you will say.
- wheat penne pasta
- 2 whole eggs
- marinara sauce
- salmon filet
- pesto sauce
- asparagus tips
- fresh basil leaves
- spices: seasoning salt, pepper, garlic powder (or fresh minced garlic)
- In a pot boil water and cook your penne pasta. Once the noodles are done, rinse them under cold water so that they are chilled noodles and all the way cooled down. (I cooked the noodles the night before and left them strained in a ziplock back in the fridge). Now set your oven to bake at 375.
- In a large mixing bowl place your noodles chilled and strained.
- Chop off the tips of your asparagus and chop a few leaves of basil down to add as well. Add in your marinara, 2 eggs and all spices.
- Mix it up.
- Now you will set your muffin pan up for success by making sure its non stick. You can use cupcake wrappers but you don’t have to.
- Now, while your cupcakes are in the oven, its time to steam your salmon in pesto.
- Adding water and covering the fish makes the process move faster. Before the filet is done, I added pesto sauce to the filet for the finishing touches.
- Now you will remove your cups from the oven adding a little bit more sauce to the top of them and letting them cool down.
- Once they’ve cooled, remove them from the pan and plate them with a slice of pesto salmon on top, you know, just like a cherry.
- Well there’s not much left to do than indulge and enjoy! keep up the great work and let me know how your’s turned out in the comments below. 🙂