Whether it’s “on a Tuesday”, or just a muggy hot day in summer, you can NEVER go wrong with tacos! This is my spin on Carne Asada tacos infused with a sweet grapefruit citrus kick and just the right amount of spice!
Ingredients: (8-10 tacos)
- 1.5lbs of carne asada
- 1 white onion
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime
- 1 bundle of cilantro
- 1 grapefruit
- small street taco tortillas
- 1 of each: squash, zucchini and yellow squash.
- spices: salt, pepper, crushed red chili flakes.
- Start by cooking/ searing your carne asada on the grill to lock in the flavors. You don’t need to grill long because we will be sautéing it shortly.
- mince your onions and pick off some leaves of cilantro to add to your tacos. This is also the time where you should start chopping your squash! I prefer circles for coloration and presentation but strips work just as well.
- Remove the carne asada from the grill. Chop your meat into bite sized pieces and toss them into a sauté pan. Add in the juice of half of a grapefruit along with 1TbSp of crushed red chili flakes, dash of salt and pepper.
- Once your meat is simmering to lock in the citrus spicy flavors you can place your veggies on the grill with a little bit of water to steam them, don’t want them to dry out.
- cut your avocado to place on your tacos and heat up your tortillas. I prefer the grill but the microwave with a wet towel can work just fine too.
- Hope your hungry because its time to enjoy!!!