St Patricks Day. An excuse for American’s to get drunk and throw a party in the name of a Saint that no one really knows or cares about. “Did you know that in Ireland, this day is known as a holy day?” said the cashier at BevMo as I bought liquor to make my St. Bailey’s Shots. I had no idea myself, so to enlighten you here’s a quick history lesson:
Saint Patrick was known as the “Apostle of Ireland”. He shed light and enlightened the land as he stood as a missionary during the medieval times. March 17th is observed as the day he passed marking this day a holy day to rejoice as a religious and cultural holiday celebrated outside and inside Ireland (via wikipedia).
Well Mr. Patrick, food is how I celebrate almost anything, and being that you’re Irish, I’m sure you wont be offended that I used Jameson in the recipe. So let’s get to it! Drunk and BBQ chicken. Priced perfectly for a party with friends who want to celebrate with you!
I bought party wings as they’re a little easier to spread out and share the fun. I bought Jameson, Mrs. Dash’s Everything Blend, and Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ sauce. That’s all you need (maybe a little bit of hot sauce to spice it up)!
- Season your rinsed chicken and use 3oz of Jameson to toss and marinade for 30 minutes.
- In a large oven/ baking pan, layer it with aluminum foil and spread out your chicken. Keep them naked, the sauce will come later.
- Bake your chicken at 375 degrees F. Once they look like they’re almost done you’ll want to turn the broiler on to achieve the crispiest baked chicken ever!
- Now that the chicken is browning you will mix your sauce. 3-4Tbsp hot sauce, 1 bottle of BBQ, 2-cups of Jameson and a whisk. Time to mix it up!
- Remove the chicken from the oven and pour/ brush over the sauce mix so that it can caramelize on the chicken, my favorite part! About two minutes into the broiling you will see the sauce harden. Make sure you flip all the wings over to the other side so that both sides get browned evenly. You wont regret it.
Share them with friends. Keep some sauce on the side for dipping. Enjoy the holiday, drink responsibly. If this chicken doesn’t have everyone thinking your a grill master without a grill… Well that wont happen, because that’s how lucky this chicken is.
Happy St. Patricks Day!