Another Tuesday in the books and another amazingly simple delicious recipe to enjoy! This dish, unlike tacos, is still something everyone can enjoy and make their own from ingredients to spices. Let’s dive right in shall we?
- 1oz tequila
- 1 whole lime
- cabbage (to shred)
- 1 avocado
- salsa (pico de gallo: tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, cilantro)
- corn tortillas
- black refried beans
- In skillet you will cook your chicken breasts with lime and tequila and some crushed red pepper. Once it is cooked, remove it from the skillet and let it cool before your shred it.
- While the chicken is cooking you can take this time to prep your avocado, salsa, chop/ shred your cabbage and, get your black beans ready.
- shred chicken
- Fry your uncooked tortillas in olive oil until crispy golden color is reached and place them on a napkin to remove excess oil.
- in this order: spread black beans, cabbage, chicken, salsa, and avocado on your tostada. I squeezed some fresh lime and garlic on top for extra flavor as well as crushed red peppers because spice is what I do best.
Enjoy this simple recipe for a party, having friends over, cooking for you and the fam or just keeping yourself happy! Until next time!