Anytime I have a food filled, three day weekend, I always get back to my work week feeling guilty.
“Hamburgers? hotlinks? Ok, wait, I had a few beers, potato salad, chips, BBQ beans, does the lettuce in my burger count?” Just all bad.
So I needed a detox and I needed it fast. What better way than a homemade fruit filled pitaya (also known as dragon fruit) bowl.
Finding dragon fruit can be tricky. It’s found more in the summer seasons and isn’t available in all grocery stores but it is so good and good for you! The fruit is an exotic cactus exterior with a watermelon kiwi-esque inside. Its flesh is more melon like which is ideal for blending drinks or in this case, a nutri-packed bowl. I got my dragon fruit from Melissa’s Produce. It came next day and I couldn’t wait to bust out the blender and get my sanity back from eating like a piggy. Here we go!
- 1 dragon fruit
- 1 mango
- case of raspberries and blackberries
- 1 cup of granola
- 1/4 cup of coconut (shredded)
- 1 kiwi
- 1/3 cup of orange juice
- Peel dragon fruit and cut into fourths. Place in the blender with sliced mangoes (about half of one), ice, and 1/3 cup of Orange juice. Blend.
- Cut up your kiwis and dice more mangoes
- Pour your blend into a bowl and get fancy with your ingredients lol.