Summer heat. A perfect excuse to give your stove/ oven a rest and stay in front of an opened fridge a little longer than usual (don’t waste energy now). To the people like me who don’t have A.C., try your best to control your hanger! This heat can get out of hand and so can you. So what can you make that’s effortless, cool, quick and filling?
I had been snacking on some amazing Muscato Grapes from Melissa’s produce that I had in the freezer. They’re super sweet and delicious to add to any summer salad or just eat right away, and trust, they’re super addicting. I occasionally pop them in glasses of wine. They’re perfect to keep the glass chilled without watering down the wine, think of it like adding grapes to grapes, cant hurt right?! Well let’s move on to the sandwich, shall we?
Ingredients: (serves 2-3 sandwiches)
- Muscato Grapes
- 2 cans of Tuna
- 4-5oz of hummus (I used caramelized onion hummus but you can choose any flavor of your liking).
- handful of cilantro (chopped fine).
- wheat bread
- spices: black pepper, garlic salt, ms. dash’s all purpose salt-free seasoning.
- I pulled 20 grapes out of the freezer and cut them in half, set them to the side.
- I opened two cans of tuna, drained them and set them in a mixing bowl.
- empty your hummus in the mixing bowl
- include your chopped cilantro and spices and mix thoroughly.
- Now add in your grapes and mix again.
- toast your bread to your liking and grab a spoon so you can spread about your delicious tuna salad. For an even more simple way, grab a bag of pita chips and enjoy, super yum!