When cereal for breakfast is so right, you cant go wrong! Get the comfort of fried chicken with out the grease, calories, or mess. Try this super simple and fun recipe at a dinner table near you.
What you’ll need:
- small-medium baking pan
- 1 small and 1 medium pot
- 2 paper plates or medium plates for your egg wash
- Chicken breast fillets
- Kellogg’s corn flakes
- panko break crumbs
- 1 egg
- Red potatoes
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1/2 stick of butter (salted)
- 1/2 cup jack and cheddar cheese
- spices: seasoning salt, minced garlic, black pepper, parsley
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Fill corn flakes and Panko bread crumbs in a ziplock bag to smash into tiny pieces. Go ahead release your anger lol this is the fun part (try using your hands because hard edged objects can rip/ tear the bag).
- Empty the crumbs onto a paper plate
- Fill the other plate with one raw egg and using a fork, wisk it so that your egg is beaten and spread around the plate.
- Grabbing each chicken filet dip and flip each side into the egg batter and then into the cornflake mix. then lay them flat in your oven safe baking pan.
- Place your chicken in the oven uncovered to bake for 20-25 min. Once the chicken is done, broil and flip to both sides to get an evenly crunchy golden color all around.
- In a medium pot boil your cut potatoes (they cook faster this way) all the way through.
- Once boiled, add in your milk, cheese, butter, and spices and mash your potatoes (taste to gage flavor).
- Flash steam your broccoli in boiling water until they turn bright green adding a little salt and pepper once the water is drained, to toss.
- Dinner is now served! P.S. this chicken is SO moist! A great alternative to a scary cheat meal.
Nothing beats homestyle and homemade. Enjoy.