Pasta and wine. It’s the perfect go to dish for the soul that hits all senses (just me?). It’s packed with flavors combined that one can only imagine and yet is super simple and inexpensive to make. Tonight I went for a seafood (shrimp) dish with a power green like asparagus to bring a rich crunch and health benefit to the plate. Shall we?
- Garlic (4 cloves)
- Red onion minced (1/4)
- Deveined shrimp 1.5lbs.
- Rigatoni pasta (1 box)
- Asparagus (one bundle, cut off bottom inch, trash, and divide the rest into chopped 1/3’s.
- Vodka Sauce
- Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- Olive oil (2tbsp)
- Spices: fresh ground pepper, celery salt, red pepper flakes, Italian seasoning, garlic sea salt, fresh basil.
- Set a pot of water to boil your noodles on high heat for about 10 min.
- In a pan place your EVOO, minced garlic and onions and set to sautee on low heat.
- Peel your shrimp and rise. Place in the pan with all spices (leave out basil).
- Add 1/2 cup of water and place your chopped asparagus in with your almost done shrimp to steam them.
- Noodles should be done. Remove them from the water. Strain and rinse them with cold water.
- Place noodles and empty out your vodka sauce into the same pan (or bring to bigger pot) to mix all ingredients.
- Add a handful of cheese, a little more pepper and garlic sea salt and stir. You’re almost done!!
- Pour your favorite glass of wine. Yup that’s it. You’re all done.