We all can remember, just getting out of school, throwing our backpacks down after getting home and reaching in the fridge for whatever you could find. So I turned to the freezer and toaster oven and the rest of Street + Spice is history, haha. Comfort, at times, doesn’t change. Food is one, you just have to make it grow up. Just like you.
“Pizza in the morning. Pizza in the evening. Pizza at suppertime. When pizza’s on a bagel, you can eat pizza anytime!” – Bagel Bites Theme Song
Here is my ode to Bagel Bites:
Ingredients: (1 Bagel serves 2 halves).
- “Everything” bagels.
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella cheese (finely shredded).
- Spices: Black pepper, minced garlic, Italian herbs and spices, red pepper flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Simmer the pizza sauce and spices on low heat stirring occasionally.
- Cut your bagels in half, horizontally.
- Laying the bagel halves on to a cookie sheet or baking pan, remove the sauce from heat and cover the bagel in sauce.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese to cover the sauce, repeat with the pepperoni.
- sprinkle small amount of cheese on top and spread around basil/ parsley for the aromatic infused cheese flavors, yes, that really works.
- Bake for no more than 10 min watching periodically to not overcook/ burn.
- Remove them from the oven and serve immediately, but be careful, to not feel like a kid all over again.