The trick to treating your body right is eating healthy! By using spices to assist the bland or boring items and make it extra delicious is an extra plus. This fun and affordable holiday meal is so convenient and fun! One bell pepper is one serving and serves as an edible bowl too! Skip the mess with carving pumpkins and make this family friendly DIY recipe below featuring the delicious flavors of Legion Of Spice!
What you’ll need:
- Heat a large saute pan to medium heat.
- Drop in your ground turkey and 2 tablespoons Legion Of Spice: This is Sparta with a small amount of black pepper and or crushed red pepper for a kick of heat (optional).
- Let the meat cook thoroughly, then add in your corn, a few cilantro leaves and black beans (if you’re using cheese, add here). Reduce your heat to low and let it simmer.
- To make your pepper pumpkins: Rinse your pepper off. Using a sharp-pointed knife, cut around the top to pull out the core with seeds, throw that part away by cutting it off but keeping the stemmed top.
- With a spoon, scoop your ground turkey mix into the bell peppers and let them bake at 225 degrees for 10 minutes.
You’re all done! Enjoy your pepper pumpkins with the family, to go for lunch or before or after a workout. Don’t let the holidays scare you away, you can still eat healthy!!!
Legion of Spice is a company that really touched my soul. From their non-GMO products to the fact that they give back 10% to the community and humanities is something every company should do!
Check out there other spice and rub flavors here or check out a previous post where I used “I’m a Jerk” jerk seasoning.
Happy Halloween!! Thank You to my good friend Chuck for the inspiration!
When Monday get’s the best of you. The grocery store is the last place you want to go, after a long day. Food is the last thing you want make; and deciding what to eat get farther and farther down your to-do list. This recipe will do the trick! This is me almost every Monday after work. 5 days away from Saturday, and not soon enough! My good friends over at @LegionOfSpice make my Mondaze that much easier.
This spice company really touched my soul. From their non-GMO products to the fact that they give back 10% to the community and humanities is something every company should do!
Aside from this, their seasoning is nothing to be messed with! Full of flavor and packed with a punch, this brand has the whole shebang when it comes to savor! Don’t believe me? Check out THIS recipe below.
Island getaway: Jamaican Jerk Scallops + Red beans and Brown rice + Plantains and steamed Asparagus.
Ingredients: (1-2 servings)
- 5-1o Scallops.
- 1 bunch of Asparagus (fresh).
- 1 whole Plantain.
- 1 can of red beans.
- Brown Rice (I used 2 cups, cooked).
- 1/4 red onion (chopped and sautéed).
- Fresh chopped parsley (garnish).
- SPICES: “I’m a Jerk” by @legionofspice seasoning, seasoning salt, garlic salt, paprika, fresh ground pepper, red pepper flakes, shredded coconut, EVOO.
- Start by cooking your rice and boil it with you 1/4 red onion in the water.
- While your rice is cooking, marinate your scallops with “I’m A Jerk” rub and seasoning.
- In a hot sauté pan lined with EVOO, place your scallops, flipping them over to sear, and lock in the flavor.
- In another pan/pot with low water and boiled high temp, steam your asparagus.
- In another frying pan, heat EVOO to high heat. Drop in your sliced plantains and deep fry. Flip them a few times sprinkling in garlic salt to season them lightly. The sweet and garlic make a GREAT compliment, trust! Once done, remove them from the oil and drop them in a bowl lined with a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Once your rice is done (or
- Heated up), add in your strained red beans and add: red pepper flakes, black pepper, seasoning salt, and a few pinches of “I’m A Jerk” seasoning to kick it up! Stir occasionally to mix all ingredients together and lock in the flavors.
- Add a little bit of water to your scallops and cover with a lid to steam them out and finish them to buttery soft perfection.
- Time to plate and enjoy!
Try their other rub’s/ seasonings, by clicking on your favorite one below and be on the lookout for a “This Is Sparta” Mediterranean recipe to come, here on Street + Spice.
When you and your friends all have different careers and passions but the few things you have in common are growing pains and drinking, a dope web-series is born: “Drink to That”.
Some may call this alcoholism, we call it, group therapy. This is a new, fun and honest series. Lifestyle Blogger, long time amazing friend, my muse and Host, Lisa Linh, and myself, teamed up with Menswear Fashion Blogger, Francis Kenneth, on Episode 1 to make our real life scenarios into something to drink to! Whether it’s dealing with a break up, finishing college, or your worst embarrassing moment to tell, see what drinks fit these common (or uncommon) situations. Shaken by me!
Note: This episode was unrehearsed and unscripted, just a few kids, winging it in DTLA, pouring our hearts into our glasses. Expect better by Episode 2. Honesty is the best policy, with or without tequila.
Make sure you follow these amazing individuals and let us know in the comments why else we should “Drink to That“.