When Monday get’s the best of you. The grocery store is the last place you want to go, after a long day. Food is the last thing you want make; and deciding what to eat get farther and farther down your to-do list. This recipe will do the trick! This is me almost every Monday after work. 5 days away from Saturday, and not soon enough! My good friends over at @LegionOfSpice make my Mondaze that much easier.
This spice company really touched my soul. From their non-GMO products to the fact that they give back 10% to the community and humanities is something every company should do!
Aside from this, their seasoning is nothing to be messed with! Full of flavor and packed with a punch, this brand has the whole shebang when it comes to savor! Don’t believe me? Check out THIS recipe below.
Island getaway: Jamaican Jerk Scallops + Red beans and Brown rice + Plantains and steamed Asparagus.
Ingredients: (1-2 servings)
- 5-1o Scallops.
- 1 bunch of Asparagus (fresh).
- 1 whole Plantain.
- 1 can of red beans.
- Brown Rice (I used 2 cups, cooked).
- 1/4 red onion (chopped and sautéed).
- Fresh chopped parsley (garnish).
- SPICES: “I’m a Jerk” by @legionofspice seasoning, seasoning salt, garlic salt, paprika, fresh ground pepper, red pepper flakes, shredded coconut, EVOO.
- Start by cooking your rice and boil it with you 1/4 red onion in the water.
- While your rice is cooking, marinate your scallops with “I’m A Jerk” rub and seasoning.
- In a hot sauté pan lined with EVOO, place your scallops, flipping them over to sear, and lock in the flavor.
- In another pan/pot with low water and boiled high temp, steam your asparagus.
- In another frying pan, heat EVOO to high heat. Drop in your sliced plantains and deep fry. Flip them a few times sprinkling in garlic salt to season them lightly. The sweet and garlic make a GREAT compliment, trust! Once done, remove them from the oil and drop them in a bowl lined with a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Once your rice is done (or
- Heated up), add in your strained red beans and add: red pepper flakes, black pepper, seasoning salt, and a few pinches of “I’m A Jerk” seasoning to kick it up! Stir occasionally to mix all ingredients together and lock in the flavors.
- Add a little bit of water to your scallops and cover with a lid to steam them out and finish them to buttery soft perfection.
- Time to plate and enjoy!
Try their other rub’s/ seasonings, by clicking on your favorite one below and be on the lookout for a “This Is Sparta” Mediterranean recipe to come, here on Street + Spice.