The trick to treating your body right is eating healthy! By using spices to assist the bland or boring items and make it extra delicious is an extra plus. This fun and affordable holiday meal is so convenient and fun! One bell pepper is one serving and serves as an edible bowl too! Skip the mess with carving pumpkins and make this family friendly DIY recipe below featuring the delicious flavors of Legion Of Spice!
What you’ll need:
- orange bell peppers
- ground turkey
- sweet corn (shucked)
- black beans
- Legion Of Spice: This is Sparta.
- cheddar/ mozzarella cheese optional
- Heat a large saute pan to medium heat.
- Drop in your ground turkey and 2 tablespoons Legion Of Spice: This is Sparta with a small amount of black pepper and or crushed red pepper for a kick of heat (optional).
- Let the meat cook thoroughly, then add in your corn, a few cilantro leaves and black beans (if you’re using cheese, add here). Reduce your heat to low and let it simmer.
- To make your pepper pumpkins: Rinse your pepper off. Using a sharp-pointed knife, cut around the top to pull out the core with seeds, throw that part away by cutting it off but keeping the stemmed top.
- With a spoon, scoop your ground turkey mix into the bell peppers and let them bake at 225 degrees for 10 minutes.
You’re all done! Enjoy your pepper pumpkins with the family, to go for lunch or before or after a workout. Don’t let the holidays scare you away, you can still eat healthy!!!
Legion of Spice is a company that really touched my soul. From their non-GMO products to the fact that they give back 10% to the community and humanities is something every company should do!
Happy Halloween!! Thank You to my good friend Chuck for the inspiration!