I love shoes! Just as much as I love food. They can be the pop of color you need to balance a drab jeans and white tee kinda day, when you’re running errands at your laziest. Oh, the essence of adulting is here and knowing that a comfortable pair of shoes and healthy diet is required, means you’re half way there (sigh, I wish life were this simple).
This 4-part series will showcase a favorite shoe of mine and a vegan recipe for lunch or dinner to get you through your day. Did I mention all recipes are of 2 servings or more are all under $15?! Lets dive right in!
One of my favorite Van’s collabs was that of Disney + Pixar’s Toy Story. It was one of their most profitable drops and had millennials reaching back in their childhoods and reconnecting with Andy and his crew for an awaited release. The shoes featured here are one of the female exclusive models the Little Bo Peep edition to a family of many toys, I mean, shoes.
The fun theme and lighter pastels are a great addition to spring and since we’re talking toy’s, Mr. Potato Head was also one of my favorites as a child, so I dedicated this recipe to him:
Vegan Potato and Mango Tacos:
[Serves 2ppl @ 3 mini-tacos each.]
- 5 medium golden potatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 5 cilantro leaves
- 1 avocado
- 4oz mango salsa
- 1/3 cup EVOO (olive oil)
- 6 mini taco tortillas
- spices: 1/2tbsp garlic salt, 1/2tbsp seasoning salt, 1/2tbsp rep pepper flakes, 1tbsp black pepper
- Bring water to boil in a medium pot.
- Drop in your 5 medium potatoes, cut into fourths, this will allow them to boil faster and make them easier to mash later on. While those are cooking you will chop your red bell pepper into julienne pieces, fajita style.
- Once boiled, (make sure not to boil them too hard or they will lose it’s structure that you want for potato texture) drain all the water out and add 1/3 cup of EVOO and 1/3 water, your sliced bell pepper and spices to the pot stirring occasionally.
- Using a fork or a masher mix your potatoes almost to a mashed still keeping some chunk pieces of potato. Let simmer. Add spices to taste.
- Fry, microwave warm or stovetop heat your tortillas.
- cut your fresh avocado and mash on the love to as many tacos you’d like.
- Plate and enjoy!