Adidas is not only a brand its a lifestyle. With collabs from all walks of life such as fashion icon Jeremy Scott, soccer superstar Lionel Messi, tennis legend Stan Smith and SO many others to name, adidas is here to play no games. With its revolution to comfort, using BOOST technology the energy return and comfortability has no comparison. Not only are the shoes comfortable, they come in the best styles and colors, so dope that the style master himself, Pharrell Williams, decided to bless the brand; giving us the Human Race NMD’s! On behalf of his global influence, I decided to go a little international and make a delicious curry recipe the whole fam can enjoy!
Williams, sending a powerful message in turbulent times with this design as a wearable vessel, continues to impose his forceful influence on sneaker culture with this new NMD. Nice Kicks – Darren Griffin
This 4-part series will showcase a favorite shoe of mine and a vegan recipe for lunch or dinner to get you through your day. Did I mention all recipes are of 2 servings or more are all under $15?! Lets dive right in to the recipe shall we?
Chickpea Curry over Wild Rice:
- 1 can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 2 table spoons of curry powder
- wild rice
- In a medium pot set 2/3 can of coconut milk to a boil (you may use the remainder later).
- Strain your chickpeas and set in the pot to boil
- Add in your curry powder (and any other spices or veggies like mushrooms, grilled onions, get creative).
- boil your wild rice. remember for every one cup of uncooked rice you will need two cups of water. Just remember the ratio, it’s simple!
- Once your rice is done and you can simmer your curry chickpeas and let them cool down a bit before plating. If the chickpeas have become TOO thick, you can always add more coconut milk which is why we left some in the can.
- plate and enjoy!
This simple lunch is a comfort meal of rice and beans done up international style. It’s a simple quick recipe but its good when you don’t have time for anything extravagant or just time in general, I understand and thats what I’m here for! Just remember, time doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice flavor, so keep it street and keep it spicy!