Finding the most comfortable shoe in your favorite print in one of your favorite colors is, well, bliss! Like noted in my previous post, adidas and their boost technology is something you have to experience for yourself! Let me tell you, it’s nothing to play with. If you’re able to get your hands on a pair of adidas with BOOST do not, I REPEAT, do not sleep on them! Just like you shouldn’t sleep on this spicy kick-ass vegan recipe! Let’s get to it shall we?
- 3-4 cups of jackfruit (I bought it at Ralphs).
- 2 cups of white rice
- 1 can of red beans
- 15-20 Brussel Sprouts
- Jamaican Jerk sauce (mild)
- Plantain chips (for garnish and snacking lol)
- Spices: minced garlic, black pepper, seasoning salt, crushed red pepper, thyme and oregano.
- Start by boiling a medium pot of water for your rice. Once boiled, pour in your rice and set to boil. For every cup of rice you will need 2 cups of water, friendly reminder.
- Cut your Brussel Sprouts in half and toss them in 1 tablespoon EVOO with minced garlic and a pinch of your herbs and seasoning salt and pepper. Set aside to sauté.
- Remove your jack fruit from the package and rub the Jamaican Jerk sauce to it to also sauté with EVOO or bake (make sure oven is preheated to 325 degrees) for no more than 15 min. Once the rice is almost done add your can of strained red beans to finish the side choice. Add in pepper, seasoning salt and crushed red pepper. Reduce your heat down to a simmer and finish off.
- Cook your Brussel Sprouts on medium heat and watch them char and brown a little. Just makes them better tossing them around frequently. Adding in a little water (1/3 cup) to steam away the core of the Brussel helps them soften up in the center.
- Taste everything to make sure the flavor and spice levels are to your liking and begin to plate. Grab your plantain chips and go! Get your tastebuds ready because it’s going to be spicaaay!
The series is almost over (Sadface)! I just want you to be ready because you know what the say? Save the best for last. Stay tuned!