It’s the beginning of September, the days are getting shorter and the nights colder. All this means is less time to lallygag on your responsibilities because night-fall comes faster than a Monday. So for that, I wanted to share a simply delicious and VERY inexpensive recipe that you and the family can enjoy together.
This recipe and wholesomeness is something worth trying! I can say that I gave Progresso and Campbell’s a run for their money with guaranteed way leas sodium and so much more love!
For this dish I used left over baked chicken straight from the fridge (cold) and shredded it down to add to my soup. I used one pot and repurposed cut veggies that I had laying in my fridge’s produce drawer. Feel free to switch up your ingredients I’m sure it will come out just as yum, lets dive in shall we?
- 1/6 diced red onion
- 1/3 diced red and yellow bell pepper
- 1tsp minced garlic
- 2 cups wild rice (uncooked)
- 4 cups of water
- 1 box of Vegetable stock (32oz)
- 3 Chicken thighs cooked and hand shredded
- Spices: cumin, Italian seasoning, tajin (for salt), black pepper.
- 1cup flour
- In a 4 inch pan bring all veggies and garlic with 1/3 cup EVOO and brown your veggies. once they are browned and sauteed, add 4 cups of water and and your dry wild rice, bring to a boil.
- Once most of the water has evaporated, stir. Slowly adding in your shredded chicken, add all your vegetable stock and let it cook on medium heat covered.
- Add in your seasonings to taste and contuine to let simmer. In a small bowl whisk your one cup of flour with water and add that to your soup. This step is not needed but gives a heartier consistency to your soup.
- Simmer for about 10-15min and just like that in 4-easy-steps, YOU’RE DONE!
- oh yeah, ENJOY!