All these days are blending together. So are the times of the day. Is it sunrise? Sunset? Nap time? Is it breakfast or dinner? Who knows! Make something easy and fun and quick like the drive through but from the comfort of your own kitchen. The famous late night or early morning brown bag smile, the breakfast jack!
- 2 eggs
- 2 smaller hamburger buns
- 2 slices of cheese
- 6 slices of ham (or turkey)
- 1 whole large russet potato
- Vegetable oil.
- SPICES: Lawry’s Garlic Pepper and Brown Sugar Bourbon.
- Hardware: Frying pan and two metal circle cookie cutters
- Cut your potatoes edges off. The potato should be a rectangular block. Slice your potato horizontally (the longer way) to make about 4-5 flat rectangles then cut those down into 1/2 inch (or a little less) strips of fries.
- Preheat oil to 300 in a frying pan while Soaking potatoes in ice cold salt water. This process keeps your fries from sticking once you drop them in the up and makes for a crispier fry.
- After a few minutes, remove from water and with a dry towel, pat dry.
- Add one table spoon of your brown sugar bourbon spice and toss. Carefully add fries to oil and let fry.
- Remove after 10-13 min. More for even crispier. Let them rest on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- In a well oiled frying pan place two cookie cutters and drop your each in each. Season with a shake or two of garlic pepper.
- With a cup of water add that to your eggs pan after about 4 min. Then cover with a lid. This will allow the top part of the egg to finish cooking. SO NO NEED TO FLIP!
- While eggs are steaming slow and low. Brown some meat off with another pan or using the same pan but do it BEFORE the water is added in the process above.
- Set up a cookie sheet with aluminum. Place the bottom of your buns. Turkey or ham then top that with cheddar slice. Adjacent lot put the burger bun top face down and pat some french fry oil on top for help with a softer and warmer bun.
- Broil on low for about 5 min or until cheese is melted. Remove and add ketchup to your bun top, hot sauce or your favorite Aoli; add your egg and it’s party time! Share your Breakfast Jacks with me on IG at @streetandspice. Have fun with one or with the family or friends. Enjoy, stay safe and stay home.
Enjoy this simple and fun copycat recipe with yourself, friends, your boo or the family. It’s fun and easy to make. Forget the Jack in the Box drive thru lines and focus of social distancing with this recipe that you’ll never forget. Stay safe, stay healthy and stay home. Excited to see your sandwiches tag me on Instagram! @streetandspice