Summer is here and yup, as you know it California (and the entire world) is open and closed at the same damn time. Masks are mandatory but some people are fighting against wearing them while black people are fighting for civil rights with a mask on. Mexican Kids are living in cages with a lock on and justice hasn’t been served for black and brown men and women alike. The irony of 2020 just keeps surprising me… enough to get me HOT and beyond bothered.
I’m doing my best to take mental breaks from the news and social media and take care of me. Write emails instead of Instagram posts or tweets and use my mouth and energy for a good cause. Be the change. Keep the faith. Spread love, awareness and educate. All while not forgetting to drink water, cool down and breathe. Its too hot outside to be hot inside so do it with me: In through the nose… Out through the mouth (repeat 3x).
Another way to cool down is to avoid the stove and turning on the oven as much as possible during the summer. We all don’t have A.C.
So this quick one pan surf and turf medley is all you need to top your Mexican Caesar. Let’s get right to it shall we?
- 6 shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Small boneless Ribeye or Filet Mignon diced
- 1/3 orange, green and red pepper julienned
- 1/6 yellow onion julienned
- 1 lime (for juice) or 2 tablespoon lime juice*
- 4 white crimini mushrooms halved
- 1 small avocado
- 1//2 cup pepita seeds
- Spring lettuce mix, can add kale and purple cabbage optional
- Caesar dressing
- Cotija Cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- EVOO (to drizzle your pan
- Spices: tspn cumin, tspn garlic powder, tspn smoked paprika, salt, black pepper.
Surf & Turf Sauté
- Heat an oiled pan and drop in your diced steak to brown for 5 min flipping to brown and sear all sides.
- Drop in your bell peppers and onions and add in your spices and lime juice. Wait about two minutes tossing around and mixing ingredients. Add in your shrimp and mushrooms tossing for about another 2 min then add in 1/2 cup of water, mix and cover for another 2 min.
- Uncover and let cool, most water should be evaporated and leave you with a nice fajita coating.
Mexican Caesar Salad
- I’m a mixing bowl add 1 small avocado (if large use half), a creamy Caesar dressing, lime juice, a few punches black pepper, salt and chopped cilantro. Whisk ingredients together until its smooth throughout. No chunks.
- Pour over dressing or toss with your salad mix and don’t forget to add crumbled Cotija cheese and pepita seeds for the finishing touches.
- Add some extra cilantro or black pepper if desired.
Taste so good! Makes you want to slap yo mama!