Nothing like mixing the flavors from Baja California right inside the comfort of your kitchen. Take a quick trip to the store and a even quicker amount of time in the kitchen for these poolside tacos and enjoy them at the dinner table (or on the couch). I promise I won’t tell.
- Corn tortillas
- Raw large deveined shrimp (4 per taco)
- Half head of cabbage
- 2 Roma tomatoes
- 2 limes
- 1/4 white onion
- Cotija cheese
- Sour cream
- EVOO, black pepper, sea salt, cumin, paprika, garlic powder.
- In a mixing bowl place your peeled and deveined shrimp and season them with cumin, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika and the juice of half a lime and mix thoroughly. Season to taste or about 1/2 a teaspoon each
- In a sauté pan heat olive oil on medium heat. Once the pan is warmed place your shrimp spread evenly and let them cook evenly on both sides. Once done remove from heat.
- In the same pan with the drippings from the shrimp, add more EVOO and let that get warmed up. Add in your tortillas and let them cook in the same pan.
- For the slaw: cut thin long strips of cabbage and place in a bowl with diced tomatoes, white onion, cilantro the other half of lime (juice only) and sour cream. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Let refrigerate.
- To build your tacos grab a sauteed tortilla, place shrimp inside and top with slaw. For extra love add Cotija cheese and avocado for the perfect crunchy and creamy combo that will take you straight to Baja California. Plane ticket not included.