Summer Veggie Spring Rolls
Let’s face it. After watching “What The Health” on Netflix it’s safe to say I’m moved, but not in a bad way! Eating more fruits and vegetables not only helps our world and human kind but it’s everything my mom tried to get me to do as a child. She won! In all seriousness, the diseases that we all think are “genetic” can also stem from the continuous bad food habits that are passed down through generations and that is why we don’t see a change. We must be the change we wish to see (thanks Gandhi) so I dedicate myself to making healthy eating and smart choices on all my future recipes. Veggie based and damn near vegan. Also, for this recipe, I wanted to use my delicious CocoLoco CBD oil from Flower Food again! Just makes everything “better”.
Let’s dive in shall we?
You will need:
- Shredded carrots
- Sliced snow peas
- Mint leaves
- Sliced shiitake mushroom caps
- Green onion
- Egg roll/ spring roll papers
- Coconut oil
- Glass noodles (I used a gluten free vegan sweet potato brand)
- Optional: Flower Food CBD oil
- Sweet chili dipping sauce
- Frying pan
- Once all your veggies are cut grab a sheet of egg roll paper and place all the contents towards the middle.
- Optional: drop 3-5 drops of CDB cocoloco.
- Make sure one of the corners of the square are facing you. That will be the corner you grab to fold up and over. The fold in the left and right corners and you’ll be left with what looks like an envelope. Roll up to seal it closed. Rinse your finger under water to stick the paper to itself (no egg whites nesescary).
- Repeat until all of your rolls are prepped.
- In a frying pan heat the coconut oil to a medium heat. Having the oil too high will burn the egg roll paper quickly and we want a golden crisp color so test one out to see, when ready drop them all and make sure you rotate them with tongs carefully.
- Remove your rolls and place them on a paper towel lined plate/bowl to remove excess oil.
- Cut in half and serve with a sweet chili sauce.