During this quarantine I’ve realized I got a little too comfortable with my “walks to the fridge” adding some extra pounds diving into chip bags and biting into hefty sandwiches. Loungewear has become the new everyday attire and the enabling elastic waistband does not judge when you’re stuffing your mouth with ice cream and fries lol but I’ll digress. Time to take matters into my own hands and get back to what I know worked for me!
Vegan diet is a safe and healthy way to lose weight by doing minimal work. Full of fruits veggies and vitamins that your body needs in general. I felt great. When I ate I was full but not with a bulging stomach and I had much more energy. I’m not perfect so I cheated at times but I tried to stick to seafood if I wanted “meat”. So I wanted to kick this off with one of my favorite dishes to make, everyone loves spaghetti! Let’s dive right in shall we?
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1lb Impossible meat
- Tomato sauce (canned spaghetti sauce)
- SPICES: Italian blend, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, sea salt, crushed red pepper, McCormicks steak and chop seasoning, smoked paprika.
- Preheat your oven to 375. Cut your squash in half and season with paprika, salt, pepper and a generous amount of olive oil. Lay flays open face side down and bake for 15min. After 15 min flip the halves over. Finish baking for another 15 min. Remove your seeds in the center before shredding your squash with a fork.
Once you shred your squash. It’ll look like this.
- Now for the impossible beef. Brown your meat on a pan and add salt, pepper, steak and chop, paprika, Italian seasoning, onion powder and garlic powder. 4-5 shakes will do the job, lol. Add in your pasta sauce and let it simmer.
- Use the spaghetti squash as it’s own bowl or you can remove it and plate it. However you like. Garnish with parsley and cherry tomatoes and voila, vegan dinner is served. It’s possible! Enjoy street team! Let me know what other things you’d throw in some spaghetti squash. 😊