Living in Portland has been a culture shock for this beach bae. Missing Southern California with sun and seafood and moving to rain and what I thought would be a seafood city, ended up being a small batch beer and wine destination (not complaining).
I’ve been craving seafood but being that the seasons in Oregon are REAL, I wanted to mix it up with a “winter twist” with my veggies choices. Let’s get started shall we?
- Cooked basmati rice (cooled/ cold)
- 1-1.5lbs of king crab per person
- Unsalted butter
- Button mushrooms (minced)
- Spinach (finely chopped)
- Trader Joe’s Chili Lime seasoning
- Garlic (minced)
- Chinese 5 spice
- Grated Parmesan
- Cracked black pepper
- In a large frying pan melt half a stick of butter. Add in your chopped fresh spinach and minced mushrooms. Lightly sauté for 1-2 min. Then add in your cooked rice.
- Add your Trader Joe’s Chili Lime seasoning, a tablespoon of minced garlic and Chinese 5 spice.
- Toss lightly and consistently for about 2-3 min at high heat to get the rice toasty but not burnt.
- You can add in crab meat chunks here or wait till the end, let’s be honest, I’m greedy so I did both.
- Using scissors I cut the legs horizontally and removed the top side of the shell. With the Parmesan mixed in the butter lightly brush the legs and place them on the grill with Chinese 5 spice and cracked black pepper to taste. (or in the oven to be baked at 350 for 15min).
- Remove the crab. Plate your rice and place your legs on top. Shell provides more presentation and taking them out just means your about your foodie business.
A super simple and delectable plate to show off to friends, your beaux, or prep for a nice dinner for one. Feel free to add more veggies or twist it and make it your own! It’s worth it, trust me!