This COVID-19 is a real joy kill but be blessed to be healthy and alive. With that being said, I’ve been going through and cleaning out my kitchen more than ever before. Trying to stay out of the grocery store as much as possible I’m eager to use what I have and put some dishes together to help you all with some ideas and smart choices for you and your family. So here’s to one of many to come, and let me tell you for someone who isn’t a cauliflower fan, this “fried rice” was damn good. Let the quarantine meals begin!
- Frozen Cauliflower Rice
- Frozen Peas and Carrots
- 2 eggs
- Sesame Oil
- SPICES: Chinese 5 spice, sesame seeds, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, rice vinegar, Sriracha.
- In a wok or a wide frying pan heat up Sesame Oil (1/4 cup)
- Drop in your frozen cauliflower rice. Be careful when dropping it in as the oil and ice will react and can pop you. In about 3-4 minutes drop in your peas and carrots
- Toss carefully and make sure all the water is steamed out of your veggies. Add in a teaspoon of Chinese 5 spice seasoning and a few dashes of the rest, save the Rice Vinegar and Sriracha for the end, if you don’t like spicy foods, don’t use the hot sauce.
- If need be add a little more sesame oil and keep tossing to ensure all parts get crisp and coated for a slightly crunch with your “rice”.
- Push your contents to one side of your wok/ pan and drop in the two eggs on the empty side, you want to fry your egg to a scramble so that once its done you can mix everything together.
- Once everything has been married add in a tea spoon of rice vinegar and toss with a dash or two of Teriyaki Sauce and wha-lah! Rice is done and ready to serve!
For questions or comments please leave them below or contact me via direct message via Instagram. Thank You! Stay safe and please stay at home.