Day 11 for me of staying at home. The feelings of stress, anxiety, restlessness and boredom are trying my inner peace but yet, it got me to thinking: Why not empty out the archive of all the recipes in my brain, and give them to ya’ll?! So here goes a COVID-19 quarantine friendly recipe for you and your loved ones, to feel comfortable and cozy at home. A widely asked of recipe and a Mexican fan favorite. Let’s dive right in, shall we? BUT FIRST! Wash your hands.
- 1lb ground Turkey
- Cooked white rice (2 cups)
- SPICES: Red pepper flakes, black pepper, seasoned salt, tajin, garlic poweder
Veggies for Soup:
- Potatoes (white)
- Onion (white)
- Corn on the cobb (2inch pieces)
- (any other veggies you feel fit)
- Chicken stock/ broth (4 standard cans or two boxes)
- Tomato Bullion (if you can’t find it then you can use pure tomato sauce, it’ll make the the soup thicker so you can add water towards the end of the cooking process).
Directions: Total cook time, 30-40min
- Begin boiling your broth in a medium to large pot to boil with veggies.
- While the soup is boiling, separately mix your meatballs with ingredients and brown them FIRST before adding them to the soup.
- Once the albondigas have been added let the soup simmer. In about ten minutes, taste the broth and add seasoning to taste: salt, pepper, tajin, garlic powder is recommended but you can do as you please, I want you to have fun with it, oregano, hot sauce, whatever you got! Remember, you can always keep adding salt but you can’t take it away, so season in moderation.
- Cook soup until meatballs and potatoes are fully cooked (those take the longest).
- Garnish with cilantro, red pepper flakes, or crema mexicana, have fun with it! Stay warm and safe, wash your hands and stay inside.